Kim's Breakfast Casserole
from Kim Daniels:
I know there are tons of recipes for this casserole, but I think this one is the simplest and the best.
1 stick of margarine or butter
6 slices of bread (wheat or white - and I leave crusts on)
1 lb. of pork sausage
1 lb. of shredded mild cheddar cheese
6 eggs
1 pint of Half & Half
1 teaspoon salt
Brown the pork sausage and drain the grease. While it is browning...melt the stick of butter. Dip the bread in the melted butter to cover both sides of the bread. Place the bread in a 9 x 13 dish sprayed with PAM.
When the sausage is browned, spread it over the buttered bread in the pan. Sprinkle the cheese over the sausage. In a blender, mix together the 6 eggs, the Half & Half, and the salt. Pour this mixture over the cheese.
Cover tightly and place in the fridge for 8 to 24 hours. (At least 8) (At this point it can be frozen.) Bake at 350 for 45 minutes.


<< Home